|Job Ref: ||
||Employer: || US Department of the Treasury |
Government – Federal
||Employment Type: ||
||Job Region: ||
||Post Code: ||
$113,735.00 to $147,857.00 / Per Year
||Post Date: || 02/12/2013 ||
THE FOLLOWING IS A BRIEF JOB SUMMARY. IF INTERESTED, CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON TO BE REDIRECTED TO THE OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT JOB POSTING FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Debt Management Services Operations Center (DMSOCE) in Birmingham, AL is an intergral part of DMS' debt collection organization. DMSOCE is responsible for the implementation of the Debt Collection Improvement Act of 1996 (DCIA) to collect and resolve delinquent debt owed to federal and state governments, and serves as a Debt Collection Center for DMS and supports the debt collection business in several areas including Cross-servicing and Treasury Offset Program (TOP) operations. The Director of the Debt Collection Services Division is responsible for the development and performance of all activities or operations handled by the multi-site (Birmingham, AL and Austin, TX) call/collection center.
- Relocation Expenses may be paid.
- We may offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Back to top
As the Director, Debt Management Services Call Center, you will:
- Manage the development of each staff member’s career potential. Lead by example in creating a work environment where all employees have an opportunity and are encouraged to contribute, where employees are given greater responsibilities in how they accomplish the work on a day-to-day basis, and where everyone is accountable.
- Negotiate agreements with paying and creditor agencies of the Federal Government to offset payments to collect delinquent debts.
- Develop comprehensive short and long-term strategies and plans for resource management. Prepare budgets, FTE, and other types of FMS required resource plans.
- Represent the Debt Management Services Operations Center – East (DMSOCE) Director at meetings and conferences with officials of Federal Agencies, the Federal Reserve System, state and local governments, the Office of Management and Budget, Congressional staffs, and the public.
- Exercise authority to provide debt collection, payment disbursing, claims, and other related services to a national customer base of Federal Agencies.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and schedule work, in a telecommunications oriented environment, where customer demands for products and services are continually changing and processing windows are tightening.
Back to top
In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-15 Specialized Experience: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Demonstrated ability to assess the effectiveness of operational programs and day-to-day outputs which includes providing direction, structuring and organizing work, accommodating established priorities, and complying with guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively respond to internal and external customers promoting transparency and cross-organizational involvement and solutions.
- Experience providing leadership and direction to professionals ensuring a work environment/culture of employee performance excellence, employee engagement, collaboration, and diversity.
- Knowledge and experience with debt collection or collection programs and with call management systems.
- Skilled in the utilization of analytics to prioritize work, forecast call volumes and maximize results; adept in leveraging technology including telecommunications to establish call routing strategies.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.